Recent content by WideRoof

  1. W

    Rent increase versus tenant retention for a Helsinki apartment at €289,800

    I’m assessing a €289,800 Helsinki apartment where the current tenant pays about €1,471 per month. Comparable asking rent appears closer to €1,740, but the tenant pays reliably and looks after the home. That €269 gap is tempting, yet a change of tenant could mean vacancy, refurbishment and other...
  2. W

    Offering 10% below asking on a Helsinki apartment — sensible or too aggressive?

    The missing fact is why the earlier deal collapsed. If it was buyer-specific, it tells you little. If valuation or the apartment itself caused trouble, that matters considerably. Also, what does “clean financing” mean here? If the lender still has to accept the property valuation, don’t imply...
  3. W

    Valuing a 195 m² Helsinki duplex with only one completed comparable

    The 195 m² figure is driving most of my uncertainty. This is a 5-bed Helsinki duplex in average condition, offered at €395,600. Its light and location appeal to me, while the dated interiors and possible insurance, maintenance and property-tax costs pull the other way. There is one completed...
  4. W

    Interest check: informal Johannesburg property meetup in June 2026

    One agenda caveat: financing and deal analysis could easily consume the whole session. I’d keep the local market observations brief, use one worked example, then protect time for questions. Once the organiser posts candidate dates and the likely capacity, people can give firmer answers rather...
  5. W

    Valuation check: 110 m² condo in Helsinki asking €933,800

    €933,800 feels difficult to justify without better evidence. The Helsinki condo is about 110 m² with four bedrooms, average overall condition and dated finishes, although the light and apparent location make a strong first impression. I have three active listings to compare with, but just one...
  6. W

    Helsinki warehouse listings: what sits behind the 73-day average?

    This has exposed a weakness in my notes: I treated the 73 days as visible listing age and didn’t properly account for withdrawals or properties returning to market. I also grouped locations too broadly. I’m going to rebuild the comparison around individual properties, separate the three...
  7. W

    Using Zillow for a coastal-home search around Helsinki

    One more practical step: keep one comparison sheet based on the property rather than the listing. Group duplicates together, note conflicting floor-area fields, record the map pin, and add any price-history or sold-record links that are actually available. Then use the portal for discovery and...
  8. W

    Deposit sorted—what should my Santiago cash buffer cover next?

    Does your closing estimate include the timing gap between completion and the first mortgage payment, plus any service-charge payment due on handover? I’d also ask exactly what the developer will correct after inspection. A defect covered by them and an upgrade you want are very different demands...
  9. W

    Using Zillow for a coastal-home search around Helsinki

    Mobile filters and saved-search alerts could actually make the stale-listing problem worse if duplicates repeatedly return as “new.” I’d rather have fewer alerts with a visible update date than broad coverage without context. Sofia, did the duplicate listings share identical prices and floor...
  10. W

    Helsinki student housing: why are some listings moving while others sit?

    I’m trying to make sense of a Helsinki sample priced from €397,400 to €596,200, mostly student housing. The typical listing has been visible for 50 days, but there is a noticeable split between quick sales and stock that lingers. My working theory was that property tax might affect seller...
  11. W

    Helsinki townhouse market: 4.5% movement and 119 days listed

    First time trying to assess the Helsinki townhouse market beyond asking prices. I’m tracking listings from €802,200 to €1,203,000, with an apparent 4.5% movement and roughly 119 days on market. Condition seems to change the negotiated discount sharply, but my working theory is that service...
  12. W

    Independent inspection for a new-build 1-bed condo in Zurich?

    I’m not convinced three visits would be good value for a 1-bed. Before choosing the timing, what does your contract say about access before completion and reporting defects after handover? Also clarify which drainage and insulation elements belong to the condo and which are common building...
  13. W

    Valuation check: 85 m² townhouse in Porto asking €653,200

    I’d be cautious about any standard discount applied to live listings. With only three, a blanket reduction would look authoritative without evidence. Better to show them as upper reference points and use scenarios transparently.
  14. W

    Hello from Helsinki — property investor focused on duplexes

    Getting the property definition or cost assumptions wrong at the start could make an attractive Helsinki duplex look viable when it is not. I’m an investor researching duplexes, purchase costs and the difference between listing figures and actual sale results. I’m here to learn how people in...
  15. W

    July 2026 notes from Helsinki: condos around €1,173,000

    I’ve been tracking a narrow group of Helsinki condos during July 2026 rather than relying on the citywide average. The asking-price range is €938,400 to €1,408,000, centred around €1,173,000, and the current marketing period is roughly 16 days. My hesitation is that this could simply reflect...
Back
Top