First time trying to assess the Helsinki townhouse market beyond asking prices. I’m tracking listings from €802,200 to €1,203,000, with an apparent 4.5% movement and roughly 119 days on market.
Condition seems to change the negotiated discount sharply, but my working theory is that service charges explain more of the price spread than headline demand. I’m also unsure how much withdrawn stock and neighbourhood boundaries are distorting the picture.
Does that match what others are seeing in Finland? If possible, please name the Helsinki neighbourhood and property type, and say whether your comparison is based on a completed sale or an active listing. I’d also be interested in when price cuts are appearing, whether buyer financing or seller motivation is affecting negotiations, and whether new-listing volume has changed. Asking-price data is easy to find; recent completed-sale figures are the missing piece.
Condition seems to change the negotiated discount sharply, but my working theory is that service charges explain more of the price spread than headline demand. I’m also unsure how much withdrawn stock and neighbourhood boundaries are distorting the picture.
Does that match what others are seeing in Finland? If possible, please name the Helsinki neighbourhood and property type, and say whether your comparison is based on a completed sale or an active listing. I’d also be interested in when price cuts are appearing, whether buyer financing or seller motivation is affecting negotiations, and whether new-listing volume has changed. Asking-price data is easy to find; recent completed-sale figures are the missing piece.