Recent content by SunnyMeter

  1. S

    Comparing a 3.36% three-year fixed mortgage quote in Berlin

    I have checked the payment on a 3.36% three-year fixed quote for a Berlin purchase of about €740,600. What remains unclear is how much the lender’s fees and loan-to-value pricing add to the real cost, and what happens when the fixed period ends. For a fair comparison, should I calculate all...
  2. S

    Berlin listings: the headline and the street-level picture

    Seller motivation may be the missing qualitative piece. Two identical asking prices can behave differently if one owner needs a timely transaction and the other is merely testing demand. Price-cut timing is useful partly because it gives you a clue about that flexibility.
  3. S

    Berlin rental: €690,000 purchase and €3,708/month — what am I missing?

    I wouldn’t automatically penalise it for being unusual. A distinctive home may have a narrower tenant pool, but it can also face less direct competition. The harder issue is financing sensitivity: test the cash flow at your actual interest and repayment terms, then again at a materially worse...
  4. S

    Are Berlin sellers more open to negotiation after 94 days?

    New-listing volume matters too. If buyers have several close substitutes arriving each week, an older listing competes differently from one in a thin pocket of the city. Berlin-wide comparisons can obscure that. I’d draw tight neighbourhood boundaries and avoid combining properties merely...
Back
Top