Comparing a 3.36% three-year fixed mortgage quote in Berlin

SunnyMeter

Mortgage adviser
I have checked the payment on a 3.36% three-year fixed quote for a Berlin purchase of about €740,600. What remains unclear is how much the lender’s fees and loan-to-value pricing add to the real cost, and what happens when the fixed period ends.

For a fair comparison, should I calculate all interest and charges over the same three years, then show the remaining balance separately? APR is useful, but a short fix makes assumptions about refinancing particularly important.

I am also checking what payment I could manage after a rate reset, along with portability and early-repayment conditions. I would rather not pay a large premium for flexibility I may never use, but I do want each lender’s arrangement fees and contract terms shown on the same basis.
 
For this decision I’d calculate the total cash cost over the same three-year period, while showing fees separately so you can see whether a lower rate is being offset upfront. APR is useful, but it may not reflect your actual holding or refinancing timeline in the way you expect.

Also ask each lender for figures using the same loan amount, loan-to-value and repayment pattern. How much would the monthly payment be, and what rate could you still afford after year three? Portability and early repayment matter, but I wouldn’t pay heavily for flexibility unless you have a realistic chance of moving or repaying early. The exact contract treatment can vary, so confirm those terms in writing before comparing offers.
 
Back
Top