Recent content by romy_deals

  1. R

    Buying in Doha now versus waiting for a price drop

    Waiting for a cheaper Doha market sounds sensible, but so does buying while a suitable small multifamily property remains within my budget. Neither approach settles the issue because rent, finance costs and prices can move in different directions. The property is affordable now, though it is...
  2. R

    Doha duplexes: what is really behind the 6.5% movement?

    I’m comparing Doha duplexes listed from QAR 1,907,000 to QAR 2,861,000. The snapshot shows a 6.5% upward movement and roughly 76 days on market, although negotiated discounts seem highly sensitive to condition. Before shortlisting, I’m trying to decide whether property tax or related ownership...
  3. R

    Doha first purchase: is QAR 65,520 enough cash after closing?

    I’d be more cautious than Camila about treating this mainly as an allocation exercise. QAR 65,520 against a QAR 4,623,000 purchase leaves little room if service charges, moving and repairs arrive together. Get the inspection first, list mandatory work separately from cosmetic work, and price...
  4. R

    When should I arrange an independent inspection for a Doha new build?

    I’m approaching completion on a 5-bed new-build apartment in Doha priced at QAR 1,329,000. The builder says municipal checks will be enough, but I keep hearing about drainage, insulation and finish defects becoming apparent after handover. Would you arrange an independent inspection before...
  5. R

    Which integrations actually reduce inspection admin?

    Vendors keep pointing us toward broader analytics, but I am hesitant to add another screen when the inspection workflow still requires repeated entry. A useful connection should bring the listing, documents and notes into one working record, then preserve the context when responsibility moves to...
  6. R

    Doha condo: modest rent increase or retain a reliable tenant?

    A fresh check of Doha listings has put the apparent market level near QAR 3,352, which leaves me wondering whether the current QAR 2,970 rent is now too far behind. The tenant has been dependable and has kept the condo in good order, so replacing them could easily consume the difference through...
  7. R

    Doha purchase would leave QAR 123,800: enough buffer for a 4-bed home?

    I’d leave furniture deliberately incomplete for six months. Prioritise beds, a table, basic seating and whatever storage is actually necessary. Living in the house first also tells you which rooms you use and prevents buying pieces that do not suit the space.
  8. R

    Lisbon rental deal: €1,306,000 purchase and €8,633/month rent

    That should expose the decision quickly. I’d build three cases using the same purchase price: quoted rent, reduced rent, and reduced rent plus longer vacancy. Charge each case for management, turnover, insurance, tax, building costs and reserves before considering finance. If the deal only looks...
  9. R

    Lisbon rental deal: €1,306,000 purchase and €8,633/month rent

    I think the rent assumption is the bigger risk than maintenance. A 5-bed may show strong demand, but €8,633 needs to be supported across ordinary months, not just an ideal letting period. Run lower-rent and extra-vacancy cases, then add financing sensitivity if borrowing. There is no meaningful...
  10. R

    Doha: 75 m² multifamily unit or similarly priced townhouse at QAR 982,800?

    Before choosing, put the same headings beside each property: recurring community or building charges; insurance coverage and exclusions; responsibility for structure, roof, exterior and shared systems; cooling and other energy costs; parking and access; likely tenant profile; expected vacancy...
  11. R

    Contingency and hidden-condition checks for a 125 m² Doha retail renovation

    I’m not convinced a blanket 20% is automatically safer. On QAR 1,132,000 that is a substantial reserve, but it still gives little control if “electrical checks” remains vague. Define whether the price includes only inspection or also corrective work, new circuits, distribution changes and...
  12. R

    How would you frame a 10% below-asking offer on this Doha duplex?

    I can see the case for opening 10% under asking, but I can also see why the seller might dismiss it when the completed-sales evidence is thin. The Doha duplex is listed at QAR 3,604,000, has been on the market for 62 days and needs updating. Nearby listings support the general asking range...
  13. R

    Offering 3% below asking on a Doha apartment listed at QAR 1,438,000

    Give the offer a reasonable response deadline, but avoid a theatrical same-day expiry unless timing genuinely matters. A deadline keeps the apartment from tying you up indefinitely and makes clear when you are free to reconsider. It can also flush out whether the claimed competing buyer is ready...
  14. R

    Comparing a 3.96% 30-year mortgage quote in Doha

    I would not optimise only for the expected holding period. Plans change, and the cheapest five-year outcome may be poor if you remain for 15 years. Compare an early exit, your likely period, and the full contractual term. That gives portability and early-repayment language a sensible place in...
  15. R

    Comparing a 3.96% 30-year mortgage quote in Doha

    Choosing on one percentage could leave you short of cash at completion even when the regular instalment is comfortable. The opposite can happen too: the deposit and fees may be manageable while the ongoing payment leaves too little room each month. I would keep those tests separate from the...
Back
Top