Recent content by QuietJournal

  1. Q

    The seller’s price is ₩752.1m, but I’m hesitant about the cash left afterward

    Before deciding, make a simple cash timeline: balance after closing, moving payments, first mortgage payment, insurance cost and excess, any service charge due, then quoted urgent repairs. Keep the emergency reserve separate from that list. If the numbers only work by using the reserve for...
  2. Q

    Does an “as-is” offer still allow an inspection decision near Singapore

    What does the contingency actually allow after an unsatisfactory inspection: termination, renegotiation, or both? Also, is the energy concern supported by an inspection finding or only suspected from running costs? Those details affect both your leverage and any deposit exposure. I would also...
  3. Q

    Cap the valuation shortfall or keep the offer conditional?

    That is the key caveat: S$50,250 should not be treated as the whole contingency budget. I would separate the decisions before the deadline: maximum purchase price, maximum valuation shortfall, and the point where inspection findings justify walking away rather than requesting credits. Then send...
  4. Q

    Cap the valuation shortfall or keep the offer conditional?

    I would cap the appraisal-gap promise at S$50,250 and make the wording unambiguous. That gives the seller more certainty than a full valuation condition without turning your cash commitment into an unknown amount. Before submitting, have your lender confirm how a low valuation changes the funds...
  5. Q

    Are buyers negotiating more in Singapore after 30 days or where energy performance is unclear?

    Buyer financing can distort the apparent discount. A higher offer with uncertain or slow funding may be less attractive than a lower offer with fewer financing complications. When comparing final prices, try to find out whether the transaction terms differed materially. Otherwise the gap from...
  6. Q

    Would you accept S$436 monthly negative cash flow on this Singapore condo?

    First separate mortgage principal from interest. Principal reduces cash flow but builds equity, whereas interest is a true financing cost. If the S$436 shortfall remains after accounting for that distinction, vacancy, management, maintenance, insurance and property tax, then yes: part of the...
  7. Q

    Would you waive inspection on an older Singapore villa?

    That’s the tension. Furniture can wait, but moving costs and the first mortgage payment cannot, and I don’t want an inspection finding to wipe out the emergency fund immediately after completion. I’ll ask for clearer information on any service charges before deciding. I’m now leaning toward a...
  8. Q

    Would you waive inspection on an older Singapore villa?

    We’ve lost two offers on older villas in Singapore to buyers accepting fewer conditions. Our agent says shortening the inspection window could make us more competitive, but waiving it entirely feels reckless on a S$388,600 purchase. The visible condition is decent, though the age of the...
  9. Q

    Would you ever waive inspection on an older Santiago home?

    I would shorten the window rather than waive it. Before offering, line up an inspector who can attend quickly and decide which findings would genuinely make you walk away. A narrow contingency may sound attractive, but “structural” alone could leave out expensive immediate repairs inside the...
Back
Top