The 26-day marketing period surprised me more than the apparent 3.7% decline. It could indicate willing buyers, but it could just as easily mean sellers cut their prices early.
The Zurich apartments I reviewed were listed at roughly CHF 306,200 to CHF 459,400, although their condition and precise locations were not consistent enough for a confident comparison. Buyer financing requirements may also be filtering demand. I am therefore wary of treating the movement in asking prices as evidence that the whole market has softened.
I plan to check recent completed sales and record the original asking price, timing of any reduction, final price, condition and relevant financing requirements. Withdrawn listings would also help distinguish quick sales from quick price cuts. Is that a better basis than trying to infer buyer behaviour from active listings and ownership costs?
The Zurich apartments I reviewed were listed at roughly CHF 306,200 to CHF 459,400, although their condition and precise locations were not consistent enough for a confident comparison. Buyer financing requirements may also be filtering demand. I am therefore wary of treating the movement in asking prices as evidence that the whole market has softened.
I plan to check recent completed sales and record the original asking price, timing of any reduction, final price, condition and relevant financing requirements. Withdrawn listings would also help distinguish quick sales from quick price cuts. Is that a better basis than trying to infer buyer behaviour from active listings and ownership costs?