I keep reaching two plausible conclusions: either Phoenix buyers are putting in far more cash to reduce the monthly outflow, or they are accepting poor income today for a different reason. Neither approach makes me comfortable at the numbers I am seeing.
The townhouses I have modelled are near $500,000, with financing at 4.52%. After allowing for empty periods, management, maintenance and insurance, the result is already below zero; property tax and a tenant change make it worse. For anyone who bought around this level, was the decision based on unusually strong rent evidence, a larger equity contribution, expected appreciation, or something specific to the property? I’m trying to compare real operating cases, including both a normal year and a turnover year, with the option of simply waiting.
The townhouses I have modelled are near $500,000, with financing at 4.52%. After allowing for empty periods, management, maintenance and insurance, the result is already below zero; property tax and a tenant change make it worse. For anyone who bought around this level, was the decision based on unusually strong rent evidence, a larger equity contribution, expected appreciation, or something specific to the property? I’m trying to compare real operating cases, including both a normal year and a turnover year, with the option of simply waiting.