I’m comparing a Toronto detached home with cheaper, higher-yield alternatives. The Toronto property has only a modest current yield, but employment and transport look stronger and I expect it would be easier to sell. The cheaper markets produce more cash now but feel less liquid.
My concern is turning “appreciation potential” into an excuse for weak numbers. I’m considering requiring a minimum cash return before assigning any value to future growth. Would you calculate that threshold after vacancy, management, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax and financing? If your answer depends on rules outside Canada, please identify the market difference.
My concern is turning “appreciation potential” into an excuse for weak numbers. I’m considering requiring a minimum cash return before assigning any value to future growth. Would you calculate that threshold after vacancy, management, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax and financing? If your answer depends on rules outside Canada, please identify the market difference.