What made me hesitate was how quickly the broker’s 4.8% gross figure became unremarkable once I allowed for tenant changes and outside maintenance. The property is a 4-bed country home described as being in Warsaw, priced at PLN 1,975,000, with projected rent of PLN 7,962 a month.
I have pencilled in vacant periods, management, routine upkeep and occasional substantial work, but the insurance cost is still uncertain. Property tax, owner-paid utilities and grounds or access maintenance could also matter more here than for a flat.
Before refining the return, I need to establish whether the rent is supported by comparable completed lettings and exactly where the house sits relative to Warsaw. After that, which ownership cost would you verify first, and what net return would make this worthwhile rather than merely acceptable on the broker’s gross arithmetic?
I have pencilled in vacant periods, management, routine upkeep and occasional substantial work, but the insurance cost is still uncertain. Property tax, owner-paid utilities and grounds or access maintenance could also matter more here than for a flat.
Before refining the return, I need to establish whether the rent is supported by comparable completed lettings and exactly where the house sits relative to Warsaw. After that, which ownership cost would you verify first, and what net return would make this worthwhile rather than merely acceptable on the broker’s gross arithmetic?