Valuation check: 105 m² villa in Buenos Aires, asking ARS 470,400,000

hana_rents

Real estate agent
ARS 470,400,000 is the asking price, and the limited evidence is what makes me hesitate. This is a 3-bed Buenos Aires villa of about 105 m² in average condition. The light and location appeal to me, while the dated finishes and uncertain cost of updating them pull the other way.

There is one completed comparable and three current listings. I can see why using a price-per-square-metre range is tempting, but I do not think the listings support a precise condition adjustment. I first need to confirm whether all areas were measured on the same basis and then price the necessary work separately.

Beyond the exact micro-location, would covered area, parking, service charges or the scope of renovations be the fact most likely to change your view? I will still obtain a local appraisal, but I want to identify which uncertainty could turn an acceptable price into a poor risk.
 
I would not choose a fixed adjustment percentage from that evidence. Start with the completed sale, confirm that its area is measured on the same basis, then use the three listings mainly to establish a range rather than treating their asking prices as achieved values. For condition, estimate the cost of the necessary work separately. The exact micro-location would probably change my view most.
 
Does the 105 m² mean covered internal area or does it include outdoor space? Also, do either this villa or the sold comparable have parking, service charges, or a lease with a relevant remaining term? Any one of those differences could make a simple price-per-square-metre adjustment misleading.
 
A caveat on deducting renovation costs: dated finishes are not the same as defective finishes, so subtracting the full cost of a buyer’s preferred refurbishment could undervalue it. I’d prepare low, central, and high cases: first align micro-location, parking and outdoor space; then adjust floor area only between genuinely similar properties; finally apply an itemised condition allowance supported by current local quotes. Keep every comparable on the same date and currency basis, especially if the listings have been available for different periods.
 
Back
Top