If I treat the apparent 1.1% rise as real when it is only a shift in listing mix, the rest of the comparison will be misleading. The sample covers Utrecht apartments advertised from €312,800 to €469,200, with a median market time near 56 days, but it combines different conditions and possibly neighbourhoods that should not sit together.
I can find asking histories more readily than completed prices, so my next thought is to narrow the boundaries and follow each listing as sold, withdrawn or still active. I also need to define what the lease term refers to. An existing tenancy and a tenure or financing restriction would affect buyers in quite different ways. Does that sound more defensible than trying to interpret the 1.1% immediately?
I can find asking histories more readily than completed prices, so my next thought is to narrow the boundaries and follow each listing as sold, withdrawn or still active. I also need to define what the lease term refers to. An existing tenancy and a tenure or financing restriction would affect buyers in quite different ways. Does that sound more defensible than trying to interpret the 1.1% immediately?