The practical constraint is that I have only one completed sale to support the estimate. The property is a Toronto four-bedroom detached home of about 2,310 sq ft, in average condition and listed at C$1,357,000. Its light and location appeal to me, while the dated interior is the obvious cost.
Three active listings provide context, but I do not want their asking figures to create false precision. How would you compare the sold home’s floor area and condition with this one, especially if the measurements may treat basement space differently? I would also like to account properly for parking, lot or outdoor space and the exact street position.
My base case assumes prices are flat. Before relying on it, I plan to have the figure checked through a formal local appraisal.
Three active listings provide context, but I do not want their asking figures to create false precision. How would you compare the sold home’s floor area and condition with this one, especially if the measurements may treat basement space differently? I would also like to account properly for parking, lot or outdoor space and the exact street position.
My base case assumes prices are flat. Before relying on it, I plan to have the figure checked through a formal local appraisal.