route.awake
Real estate agent
Our agent says the cleanest offer is likely to win, and after missing out on two older Lisbon duplexes I understand the argument. I still cannot justify dropping all inspection protection on a €1,145,000 purchase.
The rooms look well kept, but that says little about ageing electrics, leaks, shared-building work or the strength of the reserves. Would you arrange an inspection before submitting, or keep a tightly timed condition with an inspector already booked?
I’m also trying to set the cash threshold properly. We can delay buying furniture, but an urgent repair or insurance excess would come straight from the emergency fund. I’d be interested in how others balanced that buffer against the pressure to present a simpler offer.
The rooms look well kept, but that says little about ageing electrics, leaks, shared-building work or the strength of the reserves. Would you arrange an inspection before submitting, or keep a tightly timed condition with an inspector already booked?
I’m also trying to set the cash threshold properly. We can delay buying furniture, but an urgent repair or insurance excess would come straight from the emergency fund. I’d be interested in how others balanced that buffer against the pressure to present a simpler offer.