The 8.5% gross yield initially looked stronger than I expected, but it becomes much less convincing once the missing costs are considered. The São Paulo 2-bed townhouse is priced at R$5,096,000, with projected rent of R$36,160 per month.
I am allowing for time without a tenant, management, regular upkeep and occasional major work. I still need the actual property-tax figure, insurance cost and any condominium or shared-maintenance charges, as well as evidence that the quoted rent is achievable rather than aspirational.
If the return remains attractive under lower rent and a turnover gap, I would keep investigating. If it depends on uninterrupted occupancy or changes sharply after financing, the headline yield is not enough. Which cost or assumption would you verify first?
I am allowing for time without a tenant, management, regular upkeep and occasional major work. I still need the actual property-tax figure, insurance cost and any condominium or shared-maintenance charges, as well as evidence that the quoted rent is achievable rather than aspirational.
If the return remains attractive under lower rent and a turnover gap, I would keep investigating. If it depends on uninterrupted occupancy or changes sharply after financing, the headline yield is not enough. Which cost or assumption would you verify first?