I have checked the purchase price and estimated rent, but the owner-paid outgoings are still too uncertain. This is a three-bedroom new-build flat in Rio de Janeiro priced at R$6,104,000, with expected rent of R$26,450 a month and a gross yield near 5.2%.
That headline return does not leave much room for an optimistic assumption. I still need firm figures for condominium charges, property tax, insurance and management, plus realistic vacancy and maintenance allowances. Are there other recurring or occasional costs that should be shown separately in the cash-flow model? I would also be interested in how others would stress-test the net return before deciding whether this price is justified.
That headline return does not leave much room for an optimistic assumption. I still need firm figures for condominium charges, property tax, insurance and management, plus realistic vacancy and maintenance allowances. Are there other recurring or occasional costs that should be shown separately in the cash-flow model? I would also be interested in how others would stress-test the net return before deciding whether this price is justified.