If either the rent or the running costs is materially wrong, this purchase could produce very little cash flow for a long time. The 3-bed detached home in Rio de Janeiro is priced at R$4,200,000, and the proposed rent is R$15,090 per month, giving a gross return of about 4.3%.
The house looks sound, but energy performance may raise operating costs or require later work. I have included empty periods, management, normal upkeep and a substantial repair allowance. I still need firmer figures for property tax, insurance and turnover costs, and any financing would need its own stress test. Which actual bill or assumption would you verify first before setting a minimum net yield?
The house looks sound, but energy performance may raise operating costs or require later work. I have included empty periods, management, normal upkeep and a substantial repair allowance. I still need firmer figures for property tax, insurance and turnover costs, and any financing would need its own stress test. Which actual bill or assumption would you verify first before setting a minimum net yield?