studyTheLane
Landlord
I’ve now added a repair reserve to my figures, and it makes the headline return look much less persuasive. The Dublin 2-bed duplex is priced at €441,600, with expected rent of €1,597 a month—the broker presents that as about 4.3% gross.
I’m allowing for empty periods, management and routine upkeep, but I’m unsure which recurring Dublin ownership cost could upset the calculation most. I also need to test the difference between buying with cash and using finance, since a small change in borrowing cost may matter more than a short vacancy. At what net return would this risk begin to look worthwhile to you?
I’m allowing for empty periods, management and routine upkeep, but I’m unsure which recurring Dublin ownership cost could upset the calculation most. I also need to test the difference between buying with cash and using finance, since a small change in borrowing cost may matter more than a short vacancy. At what net return would this risk begin to look worthwhile to you?