The seller’s price may be reasonable for a 4-bed detached home in Bogotá, but I’m struggling to make the rental return convincing. At COP 2,747,000,000 with expected rent of COP 11,710,000 a month, the gross yield is only about 5.1%.
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger-repair reserve. Lease duration and tenant turnover could still move the cash flow considerably. Before going further, I want to test the local property-tax bill, insurance and any security or shared-complex charges. Which of those is most often underestimated, and what net return would make this worthwhile?
I have allowed for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger-repair reserve. Lease duration and tenant turnover could still move the cash flow considerably. Before going further, I want to test the local property-tax bill, insurance and any security or shared-complex charges. Which of those is most often underestimated, and what net return would make this worthwhile?