The agent’s position is that another buyer may drop the contingencies, but I am not comfortable matching an unnamed offer by surrendering protections. The four-bedroom San Francisco duplex is listed at $985,000, has been available for 29 days and needs updating. I am considering opening at $906,200, an 8% reduction.
There are comparable listings nearby, but not enough confirmed sales for me to treat the asking price as established. My financing is straightforward and I can offer flexibility on completion. Would you support the figure with the property’s condition and limited sale evidence, while keeping the explanation brief?
My preference is to retain inspection, financing and appraisal conditions, with the deposit exposure clearly stated if one of those fails. I am also leaning toward waiting for the inspection before requesting repair credits, unless the seller wants a conditional structure from the start.
There are comparable listings nearby, but not enough confirmed sales for me to treat the asking price as established. My financing is straightforward and I can offer flexibility on completion. Would you support the figure with the property’s condition and limited sale evidence, while keeping the explanation brief?
My preference is to retain inspection, financing and appraisal conditions, with the deposit exposure clearly stated if one of those fails. I am also leaning toward waiting for the inspection before requesting repair credits, unless the seller wants a conditional structure from the start.