PracticalWay
Property investor
The lack of completed comparables is the main weakness in my pricing case. I’m looking at a Manila villa listed for PHP 26,100,000 that needs updating, but it has only been on the market for 10 days, so there is little reason to assume the seller is under pressure.
I’m considering PHP 24,012,000 as an opening offer, which is 8% under the asking price. I could include evidence of financing, accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing and set a clear response deadline. Would a brief reference to the condition and limited sales evidence be enough, or is there another fact I should establish first?
The agent has also mentioned a competing buyer dropping conditions, without saying which ones. I’m not prepared to take on inspection, lending or valuation risk just to make the offer look cleaner, particularly if an appraisal gap could be the real issue.
I’m considering PHP 24,012,000 as an opening offer, which is 8% under the asking price. I could include evidence of financing, accommodate the seller’s preferred completion timing and set a clear response deadline. Would a brief reference to the condition and limited sales evidence be enough, or is there another fact I should establish first?
The agent has also mentioned a competing buyer dropping conditions, without saying which ones. I’m not prepared to take on inspection, lending or valuation risk just to make the offer look cleaner, particularly if an appraisal gap could be the real issue.