Offering 5% below asking on a small multifamily in Dubai

FieldBlueprint

Property investor
Established
The seller is asking AED 4,606,000, and I am unsure how far the 99 days on market and required updating have weakened that position. Nearby listings support the general range, but there are too few completed transactions for me to rely confidently on their asking figures.

I am considering AED 4,375,700, which is 5% lower, supported by financing proof and some flexibility over completion. I would keep the price explanation short and tied to condition and the limited closed-sale evidence. Rather than remove inspection, financing or appraisal protection, I would prefer to discuss repair credits if the inspection reveals material work.

What should I verify before submitting, particularly about any earlier offer and the seller’s preferred timing? I also want to understand when the deposit becomes exposed if a condition cannot be satisfied, rather than trading away protection merely to make the opening price look stronger.
 
One extra complication: the seller is not desperate, but one previous deal has already collapsed. I don’t know why. Would you ask the agent about that before offering, or submit first with a short but reasonable response deadline?
 
I’d ask why the earlier deal failed before deciding the terms. Financing trouble, inspection findings and a buyer simply changing course would each suggest a different approach.

Five percent below is not inherently aggressive after 99 days, especially with updating required. Keep the explanation brief: limited completed comparable evidence, condition, and certainty of financing. Proof of funds or financing readiness may make the offer more credible than a long defence of the price.
 
I wouldn’t lean too heavily on the 99 days. Time listed does not prove the seller will discount, and comparable asking prices being close may reinforce their expectations.

Also, don’t try to price every visible update into the opening offer and then ask for the same amount again as repair credits. Reserve credits for material issues found during inspection. The key missing fact remains the reason the first transaction collapsed—can the agent disclose whether it involved valuation, financing or the property itself?
 
Structure it so price and risk are separate. Offer the 5% reduction, attach financing evidence, give a clear response deadline, and state that completion timing can suit the seller. Then retain inspection and financing conditions, plus protection if the valuation creates an appraisal gap you cannot cover.

Pay particular attention to when the deposit becomes exposed and what happens if a stated contingency is not satisfied. Those terms depend on the Dubai contract and transaction structure, so have the wording locally reviewed before signing. If the inspection reveals significant defects, seek a repair credit then rather than guessing now.
 
Back
Top