The 111 days on the market changed my view: instead of starting near the asking price, I am considering an opening offer 5% lower. The property is a Bengaluru studio listed at ₹104,800,000 and it requires updating. Similar nearby listings support the general area, but there are too few completed transactions for me to know where buyers are actually agreeing deals.
Would 5% below be a credible starting point if I include proof of finance and offer flexibility over completion? I want to give a short commercial explanation, not criticise every minor defect.
I also do not want the stronger headline offer to come at the cost of inspection, financing or appraisal-gap protection. How long would you leave it open? And is it cleaner to account for visible updating in the offer now, while reserving later credit requests for material inspection findings?
Would 5% below be a credible starting point if I include proof of finance and offer flexibility over completion? I want to give a short commercial explanation, not criticise every minor defect.
I also do not want the stronger headline offer to come at the cost of inspection, financing or appraisal-gap protection. How long would you leave it open? And is it cleaner to account for visible updating in the offer now, while reserving later credit requests for material inspection findings?