Offering 12% below asking on a new-build flat in Manila

FinnDale

Homeowner
Established
Founding Member
A 12% discount is substantial. My concern is that 24 days on the market may not give me enough leverage to justify it.

The Manila new-build flat is listed at PHP 29,290,000 and still requires some updating. Other advertised units are priced around the same level, although I have not located enough completed transactions to establish a reliable price per square metre. My financing is in place and I can adjust the completion timing, so I would rather use that certainty than criticise the seller’s price.

Would you submit the lower figure on its own and wait for a counter, then discuss repair credits only if the price stays nearer asking? I intend to retain inspection and financing conditions and include a clear plan for any appraisal shortfall. I am also unsure whether a brief response deadline would make the offer look organised or create needless pressure.
 
Lead with certainty rather than criticism: financing proof, flexible completion, a clear deposit arrangement, and a short explanation that the price reflects the updating required and limited evidence of completed comparables. Let them counter if 12% is too far apart.

I would not waive inspection protection merely to make the discount look stronger. Also decide in advance what happens if the appraisal is below the agreed price; otherwise the apparent bargain can turn into an appraisal-gap problem.
 
I’d be cautious about treating 24 days as evidence that the seller is motivated. That is not very long, and comparable asking prices do not prove the flat is overpriced.

What is the internal floor area, and are the comparisons genuinely similar units in the same development or immediate area? Without that, the percentage feels arbitrary. You might get a better response by offering the lower price without stacking a repair credit on top. Keep the inspection and financing conditions, and make sure the response deadline does not create avoidable pressure on either side.
 
Back
Top