I have checked the local asking stock and the unit’s 44 days on the market, but completed evidence is still thin. The London retail unit is listed at £713,700 and visibly requires some updating. Similar advertisements help with context, though they do not show where comparable transactions have closed.
My proposed opening is about £635,200, which is 11% under the listing price. I can provide financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred timing, but I am unsure how much explanation to attach when the sales evidence is limited. Would a short note covering the available comparables and visible work be enough, or would the size of the discount require more detail?
I do not want the lower price to be offset by avoidable deposit exposure. Inspection, finance and lender valuation protections remain important, and I would rather address genuine defects through later repair credits than promise extra cash for an unknown valuation gap.
My proposed opening is about £635,200, which is 11% under the listing price. I can provide financing evidence and accommodate the seller’s preferred timing, but I am unsure how much explanation to attach when the sales evidence is limited. Would a short note covering the available comparables and visible work be enough, or would the size of the discount require more detail?
I do not want the lower price to be offset by avoidable deposit exposure. Inspection, finance and lender valuation protections remain important, and I would rather address genuine defects through later repair credits than promise extra cash for an unknown valuation gap.