Miami warehouses: does more supply justify negotiating after a 2.9% move?

GoodSignal

First-time buyer
Established
Founding Member
I’d like to negotiate on one of the better Miami warehouses, but the extra listings are not useful leverage if they are relists or poor substitutes. In a limited group priced from $412,000 to $618,000, asking prices moved by about 2.9% downward and the median marketing period was around 61 days. Differences in condition make the overall picture uneven.

Would you first separate genuinely new stock from reductions and relistings, then narrow it by neighbourhood boundaries and condition? I’m also wondering whether buyer-financing difficulties explain some of the longer marketing times. At what point would that evidence justify making an offer rather than waiting for a seller to reduce the price?
 
To clarify, I’m not treating the -2.9% as proof that completed-sale values fell by that amount. It is movement within this small snapshot. I’m also unsure how much of the visible supply is genuinely new, rather than withdrawn or relisted stock. That distinction could change the negotiating case quite a bit.
 
I’d separate the listings into new, price-reduced, relisted and apparently unchanged. Then compare only properties that are realistic substitutes in location and condition. More supply gives a buyer leverage only when a seller believes those alternatives could take the buyer away. Otherwise the raw listing count is mostly noise.
 
Buyer financing may matter more than the headline supply number. A property needing work can be cheaper but also harder for a financed buyer to pursue, so it may not compete directly with a better-condition warehouse. Are the few you would buy also the ones least likely to have condition or financing complications?
 
I wouldn’t read 61 days as automatic seller weakness. It could reflect several overpriced or poor-condition properties sitting while the desirable ones move faster. Seller motivation and the timing of price cuts would tell you more. A recent cut might invite discussion; a seller who has held firm for the whole period may simply wait.
 
Noor, what time window did you use, and did you reset marketing time when a property was withdrawn and returned? Relisting can make both supply and days-on-market comparisons misleading. Recent completed sales would also help distinguish sellers testing higher prices from actual changes in what buyers are paying.
 
The neighbourhood boundaries need to be tight as well. Two Miami warehouses at similar prices may not be practical substitutes if their access, surroundings or building condition differ. I’d widen the date range before widening the geography; otherwise you may gain more examples but lose comparability.
 
Rather than waiting for a public cut, make an offer on the best acceptable property with the condition issues and competing listings reflected in the number. The response reveals something about motivation. If the seller barely engages, move on; if there is a counter, you have more useful information than the asking-price snapshot provides.
 
I’d also track what disappears without a recorded completion. Withdrawn stock is not the same as buyer absorption, and it can make the market look tighter than it is. A short watchlist should be enough: note new listings, cuts, withdrawals and completed sales for the genuinely comparable properties. That would show whether the -2.9% movement is broad or driven by a few weaker listings.
 
Back
Top