The margin for error looks too small to rely on the headline yield. This Miami 5-bed coastal home is priced at $315,000 and is expected to rent for $1,545 a month, which works out to roughly 5.9% gross.
I have modelled eleven paid months, management, ordinary repairs and some larger-work provision, but I am not convinced the buffer is sufficient. Insurance, property tax and any service charges could change the result quickly. Financing would add another sensitivity: acceptable debt terms might leave a modest surplus, while a higher payment could push monthly cash flow below zero.
My next step is to verify that the $1,545 figure is supported by comparable leases and obtain firm insurance and tax estimates. If those hold, I can judge the return after reserves; if they do not, the gross yield is irrelevant.
I have modelled eleven paid months, management, ordinary repairs and some larger-work provision, but I am not convinced the buffer is sufficient. Insurance, property tax and any service charges could change the result quickly. Financing would add another sensitivity: acceptable debt terms might leave a modest surplus, while a higher payment could push monthly cash flow below zero.
My next step is to verify that the $1,545 figure is supported by comparable leases and obtain firm insurance and tax estimates. If those hold, I can judge the return after reserves; if they do not, the gross yield is irrelevant.