nimble_table
Property manager
The practical limit is how much cash I may need to put in during a weak year, not whether the advertised yield looks attractive. The property is a 4-bed coastal home in Melbourne priced at A$1,102,000, with expected rent of A$8,060 a month. On those figures the gross yield is about 8.8%.
That rent is still an estimate, and the apparently sound condition does not remove coastal maintenance risk. I am allowing for empty periods, management, regular upkeep and a larger repair, but insurance, owner-paid charges, property tax and acquisition costs could still change the outcome materially.
I plan to calculate both annual cash flow and return on the full capital committed. Which costs should be supported by actual notices or property-specific quotes before treating this as a viable rental? I would also be interested in how far you would reduce the rent assumption if there were no signed lease.
That rent is still an estimate, and the apparently sound condition does not remove coastal maintenance risk. I am allowing for empty periods, management, regular upkeep and a larger repair, but insurance, owner-paid charges, property tax and acquisition costs could still change the outcome materially.
I plan to calculate both annual cash flow and return on the full capital committed. Which costs should be supported by actual notices or property-specific quotes before treating this as a viable rental? I would also be interested in how far you would reduce the rent assumption if there were no signed lease.