eden.north
Property investor
Offering 2% under the price now feels cleaner, but waiting to request repair credits could tie the reduction to actual defects; neither option is comfortable without reliable completed comparables. The Johannesburg retail unit is listed at ZAR 20,200,000, has been on the market for 17 days and requires updating.
Would ZAR 19,796,000 be a sensible opening if it is supported by proof of finance and reasonable flexibility over completion? Nearby listings are in a similar range, though they do not show what buyers ultimately paid. I also need the agent to clarify what another buyer supposedly intends to waive. If that means inspection, finance or valuation protection, I would rather keep the condition and accept that the seller may reject the discount. Which protections would you retain, particularly if an appraisal gap appears?
Would ZAR 19,796,000 be a sensible opening if it is supported by proof of finance and reasonable flexibility over completion? Nearby listings are in a similar range, though they do not show what buyers ultimately paid. I also need the agent to clarify what another buyer supposedly intends to waive. If that means inspection, finance or valuation protection, I would rather keep the condition and accept that the seller may reject the discount. Which protections would you retain, particularly if an appraisal gap appears?