What surprised me was that waiting for cheaper borrowing may not reduce the total cost at all. If lower rates bring more buyers back while supply stays tight, a €694,600 property could become more expensive even if the mortgage rate falls below today’s 3.95%.
I can afford the purchase at the current rate, but I do not want to justify it with assumptions about refinancing or future resale gains. I am already testing the payment at a higher reset rate and adding arrangement fees and early-repayment charges.
Would you also compare scenarios based on the likely holding period and whether the loan can be moved to another property? My central assumption may be too focused on buyer competition; rates could remain where they are while prices and supply behave quite differently.
I can afford the purchase at the current rate, but I do not want to justify it with assumptions about refinancing or future resale gains. I am already testing the payment at a higher reset rate and adding arrangement fees and early-repayment charges.
Would you also compare scenarios based on the likely holding period and whether the loan can be moved to another property? My central assumption may be too focused on buyer competition; rates could remain where they are while prices and supply behave quite differently.