How much leverage does 60 days on market create in Miami?

clear_lane

Seller
Established
Several Miami retail units remaining on the market for roughly 60 days made the advertised range of $1,072,000 to $1,608,000 look more negotiable than I first assumed. Even so, time on market by itself seems too weak a basis for a sharply lower offer.

I am separating units that have stayed at the same price from those reduced, withdrawn or relaunched. I would also prefer recent completed sales from the immediate area to broad Miami figures, especially where the original asking price and reduction dates can be traced. Condition and buyer financing may explain why a renovated unit with clearer energy information moves sooner than a superficially similar one.

Would you lead with matched completed sales and use the 60 days only as supporting evidence? A recent cut or signs that a financed buyer fell away would strengthen the case, but I do not want to mistake an awkward property for a motivated seller.
 
Sixty days creates a reason to negotiate, but not a standard discount. I’d separate listings that sat unchanged from those cut recently or disappeared and returned. The seller’s motivation and the property’s condition may matter more than the headline days. Completed sales should be matched within tight neighbourhood boundaries; otherwise Miami comparisons can become misleading quickly.
 
What do you mean by a “clear answer” on energy performance: documentation supplied before an offer, predictable running costs, or simply no unresolved questions? Also, are the units otherwise comparable in condition? A renovated property with straightforward financing may attract a different buyer pool from one needing work, even at the same price and 60-day mark.
 
I mean that the buyer can get a definite, supported explanation rather than vague assurances or unanswered questions. I’m not assuming 60 days produces an automatic percentage reduction. I’m trying to distinguish genuine stale stock from listings where the asking price was reset recently, or where condition and financing explain the longer marketing period. I’ll narrow the comparison by neighbourhood rather than using Miami-wide examples.
 
Then build a small table for each relevant closed sale: original ask, later cuts, final listed price, recorded sale price, total marketing time, any withdrawal or relisting, condition, and financing complications if known. Treat unrecorded concessions cautiously because the visible price may not tell the whole story. For a live offer, pair that history with a specific explanation of the unresolved energy issue and the cost or uncertainty it creates. That is stronger than arguing from 60 days alone.
 
Back
Top