Dublin mixed-use listings: what is really behind the 2.3% movement?

NimblePlan

First-time buyer
Established
I’d like to use the 72-day figure to judge when an offer becomes realistic, but the mixed-use sample may be too uneven for that. The Dublin buildings I’m following are priced from €158,200 to €237,400, with the snapshot showing a 2.3% decline. Discounts appear to depend heavily on condition, while lease length may explain part of the remaining price spread.

Rather than choosing one cause, I’m considering a staged comparison: first separate occupied commercial units, residential arrangements and vacant buildings; then remove stock that was withdrawn and relisted. Recent completed sales could then show whether shorter leases still attract a larger discount once condition is similar. If anyone has a comparison, the neighbourhood, property configuration and repair state would be useful.
 
Before treating lease length as the main explanation, can you clarify which part is leased? A mixed-use building with an occupied commercial unit and separate residential space is difficult to compare with a fully let property. I’d also want to know whether the 72 days counts listings that were withdrawn and later returned.
 
Condition may be doing more work here than you think. At this price range, a buyer facing substantial repairs may also have fewer financing options, which can reduce both the buyer pool and the eventual offer. Lease length matters, but it may simply become the most visible reason for a discount that also reflects condition and financeability.
 
Agreed that the components need separating. I’d make a small table for each listing: neighbourhood boundary used, residential/commercial mix, occupancy, lease time remaining, visible condition, first listing date, any price-cut date, and whether it disappeared before returning. Then compare completed sales rather than asking prices wherever those are available. Otherwise the 2.3% figure could combine several unrelated changes.
 
I’m not convinced 72 days tells you much without new-listing volume. A slow-looking listing can still have a motivated seller, while repeated withdrawals can make the visible stock appear tighter than it is. Price-cut timing would be more useful: a reduction after two weeks suggests something different from one made near day 72.
 
That’s helpful. My current notes do not cleanly separate continuously marketed properties from withdrawn and relisted stock, so I’ll stop treating 72 days as a straightforward measure of demand. I’ll also split the commercial and residential occupancy details rather than using one lease-length field. The practical decision is whether to make offers now or wait for clearer seller motivation, so price-cut dates and completed sales will be my next comparison.
 
Also keep the neighbourhood boundaries narrow. “Dublin” can hide very different property mixes, and even nearby searches may include different streets depending on how the listing area is drawn. For each candidate, I’d ask the agent about the reason for sale and any previous asking-price changes, then test that explanation against recent completed sales of the same mixed-use type—not general residential sales.
 
Back
Top