Doha new-build flats: negotiate transaction fees or move on?

compass.fresh

Homeowner
Established
A small group of Doha new-build flats shows asking-price movement of about -4.5%, but I am concerned that the apparent supply may include withdrawn or relisted stock. The properties range from QAR 2,271,000 to QAR 3,407,000, with median marketing time close to 58 days; condition differences and planning activity make both figures difficult to interpret.

I can tolerate a seller refusing to adjust one particular charge if the overall acquisition cost is competitive. What is harder to undo is overpaying because I treated asking prices as evidence of value. Would you first seek an itemised fee concession, compare recent completed sales, or leave an inflexible listing for another property?
 
First ask for an itemised total rather than negotiating “fees” as one number. A seller may resist changing one charge but accept a lower purchase price or contribution elsewhere. Compare the final acquisition cost across listings. At 58 days there may be room, especially after a price cut, but seller motivation and whether the buyer needs financing will matter more than the headline listing age.
 
What does the 58 days measure: current listing age, first appearance, or time to a completed sale? Withdrawn and relisted stock could distort it badly. I would also separate neighbourhoods and individual new-build phases rather than treat Doha as one market. Recent completed sales would be more useful than asking-price movement when deciding how hard to push.
 
I would not automatically move on just because the fees are initially described as fixed. Set a maximum all-in cost, then make one clear offer showing the proposed price and requested fee contribution separately. That reveals whether the real obstacle is the fee or the seller’s net proceeds. If there is no movement, compare new-listing volume, withdrawals and the timing of earlier price cuts before deciding whether another property genuinely offers better value.
 
Back
Top