Doha 1-bed at QAR 4,077,000 renting for QAR 19,280/month — does it stack up?

eli_roan

Property investor
The margin is tight enough that one missed recurring charge could change the decision. I have been reviewing this Doha apartment for 108 days: it is a 1-bed at QAR 4,077,000 with projected rent of QAR 19,280 per month, producing a headline gross yield of about 5.7%. I have assumed no appreciation.

The base case allows for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, but I am less certain about insurance, service charges and the cost of changing tenants. For example, a vacant month combined with leasing costs would affect cash flow more than a simple annual vacancy percentage suggests. Rental rules may also limit how quickly the income can adjust.

Which Doha-specific expense should be verified first? I would rather set a required net return only after checking the unit’s actual service-charge history, achievable rent and insurance obligations.
 
I’d focus first on the building’s recurring service charges. At a 5.7% gross yield, a substantial annual charge can change the result before vacancy, management or repairs even enter the calculation. Ask for the actual amount attributable to this unit and a recent history rather than relying on an estimate.

I’d also run the model with lower rent, a longer vacancy and higher financing costs if debt is involved. The acceptable net yield depends heavily on how much downside those scenarios reveal.
 
I’m less concerned about choosing a target yield before establishing whether QAR 19,280 is genuinely sustainable. Is that based on a signed tenancy, achieved rents for comparable 1-beds, or an asking figure? Tenant turnover can turn a reasonable annual projection into weak cash flow.

I’d request an itemised list of service charges, insurance, management and maintenance obligations, then verify whether any property-related taxes or fees apply to this ownership structure in Qatar. Only compare the net return after those figures are confirmed.
 
Back
Top