The margin is tight enough that one missed recurring charge could change the decision. I have been reviewing this Doha apartment for 108 days: it is a 1-bed at QAR 4,077,000 with projected rent of QAR 19,280 per month, producing a headline gross yield of about 5.7%. I have assumed no appreciation.
The base case allows for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, but I am less certain about insurance, service charges and the cost of changing tenants. For example, a vacant month combined with leasing costs would affect cash flow more than a simple annual vacancy percentage suggests. Rental rules may also limit how quickly the income can adjust.
Which Doha-specific expense should be verified first? I would rather set a required net return only after checking the unit’s actual service-charge history, achievable rent and insurance obligations.
The base case allows for empty periods, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger repair, but I am less certain about insurance, service charges and the cost of changing tenants. For example, a vacant month combined with leasing costs would affect cash flow more than a simple annual vacancy percentage suggests. Rental rules may also limit how quickly the income can adjust.
Which Doha-specific expense should be verified first? I would rather set a required net return only after checking the unit’s actual service-charge history, achievable rent and insurance obligations.