At $1,380,000 against rent of $5,272 a month, the 4.6% gross yield leaves little room for an expensive assumption to be wrong. I’m looking at a 3-bed villa in Chicago, and the physical condition seems reasonable, but I have not yet pinned down the insurance cost or how financing would affect cash flow.
I have allowed for empty periods, management and ongoing upkeep. What vacancy assumption would be realistic here, and which figure usually needs the most property-specific checking: tax, insurance, or something else? I’d also be interested in the minimum net return others would accept with this narrow a starting margin.
I have allowed for empty periods, management and ongoing upkeep. What vacancy assumption would be realistic here, and which figure usually needs the most property-specific checking: tax, insurance, or something else? I’d also be interested in the minimum net return others would accept with this narrow a starting margin.