A few Athens new-build flats I’m watching have now reached roughly 100 days on the market, which raises a new question about how much weight to give that number. Their asking prices sit between about €463,700 and €695,500.
I’m tempted to use the extended marketing period to support a lower bid, especially while financing costs are limiting some buyers. However, a seller with no urgency may simply wait, and relisting can make the timeline unreliable. What evidence would make you negotiate firmly here: an earlier reduction, weaker property condition, nearby completed sales or signs that the seller wants a quick deal?
I’m tempted to use the extended marketing period to support a lower bid, especially while financing costs are limiting some buyers. However, a seller with no urgency may simply wait, and relisting can make the timeline unreliable. What evidence would make you negotiate firmly here: an earlier reduction, weaker property condition, nearby completed sales or signs that the seller wants a quick deal?