I added the lender charges to the figures, and now the quote I expected to be cheapest may not be. It is 7.53% fixed over 15 years for a New York purchase of about $375,000, with the final pricing affected by the loan-to-value band.
Should I compare the offers over the full term, or over a shorter period in case I move or refinance? The payment gap is fairly small, so I am also checking what each lender permits for extra payments, full repayment and portability. How would you value that flexibility without assuming refinancing will be available?
Should I compare the offers over the full term, or over a shorter period in case I move or refinance? The payment gap is fairly small, so I am also checking what each lender permits for extra payments, full repayment and portability. How would you value that flexibility without assuming refinancing will be available?