Recent content by yara.lane

  1. Y

    Is COP 135,300,000 enough cash to keep after closing?

    Does the estimate already include any service charges, the insurance excess and the first mortgage payment? Those are easy to overlook when everything is focused on closing day. I would also ask the inspector to distinguish between defects needing prompt attention and items that are simply...
  2. Y

    Contingency and hidden risks for a 180 m² Tokyo retail renovation

    I would start with a 15% contingency and consider moving toward 20% if the kitchen and bathrooms are changing position. Before fixing that number, ask bidders to list exclusions explicitly: opening walls, making good after inspections, electrical upgrades beyond “checks,” plumbing access...
  3. Y

    First country home purchase complete — lessons from Rotterdam

    The point about rejected offers being data needs one caveat: buyers often do not know the full terms of the accepted offer, so the sale price alone can teach the wrong lesson. I would record only what you can observe—property condition, location, asking level and your own ceiling. The useful...
  4. Y

    Valuation check: 45 m² serviced apartment in Tokyo at ¥106,300,000

    The four beds within 45 m² are what changed my view. I would not start with a routine condition allowance, because a conventional unit of the same size may serve a different buyer or guest market and therefore be a poor comparison. Verify the floor plan and the completed sale’s exact area...
  5. Y

    Made it to closing in Osaka

    I agree that rejected offers can teach you something, but only with a caveat: rejection does not automatically mean your price was wrong. The seller may have preferred different timing or cleaner terms. If you respond to every rejection by bidding higher next time, the “lesson” can become...
  6. Y

    Which tenant-placement integrations actually remove duplicate entry?

    Cross-country listing imports also need stable identifiers. External listing numbers may overlap or change, so retain the originating system and market alongside the external ID, plus your own internal property ID.
  7. Y

    Coastal home versus country home in London: the real ownership trade-offs

    Separate the costs into annual, occasional and potentially major. For the coastal home, establish exactly what is maintained privately and what is covered through any shared-building fund or service charge. Ask about planned works and the reserve balance if applicable. For the country home...
  8. Y

    Renovation budget for a 90 m² student housing in Tokyo—second opinion?

    I want to keep this Tokyo student-housing renovation within a defensible budget, but the hidden work behind the finishes is making the current ¥47,370,000 estimate difficult to trust. The property is 90 m², and I am not planning an extension. The intended work includes the kitchen and...
  9. Y

    Tokyo villas at 41 days on market: variation or an early shift?

    Adding the price-cut dates raises another question: are sellers reacting within the 41 days, or are the same villas simply remaining unchanged? I’d keep a property-level record of neighbourhood, condition, original price, reductions and current status. Completed and withdrawn listings can then...
  10. Y

    Transaction coordinator role supporting a Tokyo property team

    With transaction workload increasing, our Tokyo property team is adding a coordinator who can keep research, follow-ups and file records organised across several active matters. Property experience is useful, but the role also needs someone who can state why they reached a conclusion, spot...
  11. Y

    Does 68 days give buyers leverage on Nairobi serviced apartments?

    If completed prices are unavailable, track the live group over time rather than drawing a conclusion from today’s snapshot. Note new listings, cuts, withdrawals and those that disappear without a confirmed outcome. It will not prove a sale price, but it will expose turnover and relisting.
  12. Y

    New here: homeowner in Tokyo

    Thanks. It’s mainly research for now, not an active purchase. I want to build a realistic model before looking seriously, especially around management and renovation rather than treating the advertised price as the full cost. Comparable completed sales are where I’m least confident, so I’ll...
  13. Y

    New here: homeowner in Tokyo

    I’ve looked at some Tokyo student-housing listings and general purchase costs, but I’m still unclear about reliable completed-sale evidence and how to account for management and renovation. I own a home here, although this is research rather than an immediate plan to buy. I joined because I’d...
  14. Y

    [For sale] 2-bed country home in Boston — $605,000

    Please also clarify included fixtures. At 380 sq ft, fitted storage and compact appliances can have a large effect on usability, so buyers need to know what remains with the home and what is merely shown during the viewing.
  15. Y

    Does an “as-is” offer still allow an inspection decision on a five-bedroom apartment?

    What does the contingency actually cover: any unsatisfactory result, specified major defects, or only an inability to obtain financing? Also, has the inspection-response deadline started, and does the contract say what happens to the deposit after a timely withdrawal? Those details matter more...
Back
Top