I am torn between judging this on net yield and judging it on monthly cash flow after financing. Either approach looks tight for a three-bedroom Toronto condo costing C$1,343,000 and renting for an estimated C$4,632 a month, which is only about 4.1% gross.
The unit and building appear to be in...
Convenience alone would not persuade me. Ask the agent to describe, in writing, what happens if you want advice on rejecting the C$708,800 offer or pushing the buyer higher—those are the moments when divided duties become practical, not theoretical. Also request an itemized fee comparison with...
I have priced the visible renovation work at a preliminary C$202,700; what remains unclear is how much of the older 2,690 sq ft Toronto student property will need opening up. The current plan includes kitchen and bathroom work, new finishes, electrical checks and some energy improvements, but...
Responsibility after acceptance is the big one. A simple list of each outstanding task, the person handling it and the expected date can expose gaps before the final document week. I would also keep the repair reserve separate from moving money and known service charges; otherwise one urgent...
I’m reviewing the rent on a unit in a small Toronto multifamily. Comparable asking rent appears to be around C$2,488, while the current tenant pays about C$2,272. They pay reliably, look after the home and have a good maintenance history, so I don’t want to lose a strong tenant merely to chase...
I’m 119 days into looking for a Toronto rental property and could use a reality check. I’ve modelled several properties around C$276,800, but they all turn cash-flow negative once I include vacancy, management, maintenance reserves, insurance, property tax and financing at 5.50%.
Are buyers...
Given that you’re searching from Manchester, I’d avoid arranging travel around a portal status alone. Use alerts for discovery, cluster apparent duplicates, confirm the pin and floor-area basis directly, and only then build a viewing list. The portal can still be valuable for coverage while your...
I wouldn’t pick the contingency percentage before clarifying what “coastal” means here and how much opening-up has already happened. Is there visible moisture, corrosion, failed sealant or staining, and are the bathrooms above finished rooms with poor plumbing access?
A condition survey plus...