We received an early offer of about C$708,800 on our coastal home in Montreal. The speed is attractive, but the listing agent also wants to work with the buyer, and I do not understand how our confidential advice and negotiations would remain independent.
Before considering it, I would want the conflict explained in writing, including what information cannot be shared, who the named contact is for each side, the fee basis, how offers will be handled, proof of buyer qualification, response times, and support if the deal falls through. Photography scope may also affect what is still owed if we stop marketing early. What else should we ask, given that the rules may be provincial rather than Canada-wide?
Before considering it, I would want the conflict explained in writing, including what information cannot be shared, who the named contact is for each side, the fee basis, how offers will be handled, proof of buyer qualification, response times, and support if the deal falls through. Photography scope may also affect what is still owed if we stop marketing early. What else should we ask, given that the rules may be provincial rather than Canada-wide?