One more practical step: ask for the likely payment dates, not just the amounts. Closing costs, moving, insurance and the first mortgage payment may cluster together. Cash-flow timing can make an adequate total buffer feel much smaller. Once the inspection arrives, get clarity on each finding...
Your point about ownership of each step is the practical one. For the final document week, keep one shared list showing the task, responsible person, deadline and anything it depends on. Confirm lender timing before arranging the move, and avoid non-refundable moving commitments until completion...
One more missing piece: has the inspection happened yet? A general allowance for repairs is difficult to set before you know whether the findings are cosmetic, maintenance due soon, or something that must be addressed immediately. I would not commit the buffer to furniture while that uncertainty...
Does the COP 36.9m sit entirely outside your normal emergency savings, or is that all the liquid cash you would have? Also, is the villa in a development with recurring administration or service charges? Those two details change the answer more than the number of bedrooms does.
Clara’s question about recurring costs is important, but I wouldn’t wait for a perfect annual estimate before making an offer. Use separate pots: untouchable emergency savings, transaction and move-in cash, inspection-led repairs, then furniture. If the inspection is clean, the repair pot...
I would protect the emergency fund first and treat furniture as the flexible category. Set aside moving costs, the first mortgage payment and any known service charges before deciding what is actually available for repairs. Then keep a separate amount for inspection items that need attention...
The property-tax point deserves more attention than seasonality. Does “clear answer” mean the amount is known, or that the relevant records and payments can be examined? Those are different concerns. I would not let a discount compensate for unresolved paperwork without having the situation...
I’d approach the tenant without making it sound like an ultimatum: explain that comparable asking rents are near R$3,590, acknowledge their reliable history, and say you are proposing a smaller adjustment because you value continuity. Give them room to respond.
Meanwhile, ask local agents how...