Recent content by SmallGlass

  1. S

    Paris seller trying to separate asking prices from real market evidence

    What stage are you at: setting the initial price, already listed, or considering whether to renovate first? Also, are you comparing properties in one arrondissement or across Paris? Those details would change which discussions are most useful.
  2. S

    How much negotiating room does 49 days suggest for a small Paris multifamily?

    One more point: record the original asking price and every relisting you notice, not just the current figure. That should make it easier to spot whether 49 days is truly the first marketing period or part of a longer attempt to sell.
  3. S

    How much negotiating room does 49 days suggest for a small Paris multifamily?

    More listings do not necessarily mean more usable choices. I’d track new stock, genuine reductions and withdrawals separately for a few weeks. If many buildings disappear without a visible sale, the apparent supply may be stale or merely testing the market. If reductions cluster after a similar...
  4. S

    Paris listing agent wants to represent our €349,600 buyer too—what should be in writing?

    I would not proceed on a verbal assurance alone. Ask the agent to explain in writing whom they represent, who pays the fee, what information will remain confidential, and how offers or counteroffers will be communicated. Also ask for a named contact for each side rather than one person...
  5. S

    First post from Paris

    Hello from Paris. I’m a mortgage adviser, but I’m here as a learner: most of my property time currently goes into understanding condos, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised and completed prices. I’d like to compare notes across markets rather than stay in a Paris bubble. For...
  6. S

    Paris studios: 8.4% movement, 113 days listed and energy condition

    Treating 113 days as firm leverage feels premature. Ignoring it completely is not satisfactory either. A studio that was withdrawn and then returned can appear slower than it really is, while vacancy may reflect an ambitious asking price rather than an urgent seller. I would first establish...
Back
Top