Paris studios: 8.4% movement, 113 days listed and energy condition

bikesAndJournal

Homeowner
Established
Before I decide whether these Paris studios are fairly priced, I need to resolve an awkward trade-off: wait for better sales evidence or act while suitable new listings are still appearing. I am looking between €500,500 and €750,700, with a snapshot showing 8.4% movement and an average listing period of about 113 days.

Vacancy and seller urgency may matter, but condition, energy performance and buyer financing could be producing much of the variation. I would be interested in comparisons within tight neighbourhood boundaries, with a note on whether the evidence comes from completed sales, reductions or active stock.
 
Treating 113 days as firm leverage feels premature. Ignoring it completely is not satisfactory either.

A studio that was withdrawn and then returned can appear slower than it really is, while vacancy may reflect an ambitious asking price rather than an urgent seller. I would first establish whether the 8.4% refers to asking-price changes, completed-sale movement or the difference between ask and sale. Then narrow the comparison below arrondissement level and keep only genuinely similar studios.
 
I’m not convinced vacancy is the main driver. For studios, condition, energy performance and the buyer’s financing can change the viable price much more directly. Vacant versus occupied is useful to record, but it needs to be separated from renovation needs and the seller’s urgency. Otherwise several different causes get bundled into one apparent vacancy discount.
 
Build a small listing history rather than relying on the average: first asking price, each reduction date, current status, visible condition and whether the property disappears or returns. Then compare that with recent completed sales inside the same immediate area. The timing of cuts may reveal more than total days listed—especially if most reductions happen only after financing problems or weak early interest.
 
Seller motivation is the missing piece, but it is difficult to observe directly. Two similar vacant studios can behave differently if one owner needs a quick sale and the other is willing to wait. I’d ask agents how long the property has genuinely been available, whether an earlier offer failed, and whether the current price followed a reduction. Those answers would help test the vacancy theory without treating every withdrawn listing as sold.
 
Back
Top