One of us wants to take the early €349,600 offer seriously and keep matters moving; the other thinks the agent’s involvement on both sides is reason enough to pause. This is our Paris property, and we do not yet know whether the offer is formal or how the agent proposes to separate the negotiations.
Before we respond, I want the agency to identify in writing who acts for each party, whether there will be a different named contact for the buyer, what information is kept from whom, and whether the fee changes. I would also like confirmation of what marketing and photography work is covered if the sale proceeds this way. Which answers would reassure you, and which would make you insist that the buyer obtain separate representation?
Before we respond, I want the agency to identify in writing who acts for each party, whether there will be a different named contact for the buyer, what information is kept from whom, and whether the fee changes. I would also like confirmation of what marketing and photography work is covered if the sale proceeds this way. Which answers would reassure you, and which would make you insist that the buyer obtain separate representation?