How tightly did you draw the neighbourhood boundaries? That price range can capture homes that compete for very different buyers even though they are all detached and in Montreal. I’d also separate renovated properties from those needing major work. Otherwise the apparent importance of reserves...
I would not dismiss APR quite so quickly. A custom spreadsheet can accidentally favor whichever future assumptions you choose, while APR at least gives a standardized comparison point. I would shortlist on APR, then compare total cash cost over 24 months and monthly affordability under a higher...
Oddly, the rejected offers were useful. Each one forced me to distinguish between terms I could strengthen and the maximum price I was prepared to pay. After several attempts, I have completed on the Mumbai townhouse, although the document stage took longer than expected.
The temptation was to...
I wouldn’t automatically choose the broadest package. A narrower service can be fine if you already have suitable help for the purchase and lease paperwork. The danger is an undefined handoff.
Have each provider state the fee, when it becomes payable, expected reply times, who communicates with...
Also connect each contingency to the deposit. The important issue is not merely having inspection, financing and appraisal language, but understanding the deadlines and what happens to the deposit if you terminate. Contract wording and local practice matter, so have the relevant clauses...
On inspection, tell your agent you are focused on major systems, structure, water intrusion and other costly surprises—not paint colours or dated counters. You can later request a repair credit if a significant issue appears. I would not promise in advance that you will make no requests, because...
Getting this wrong could leave you with a manageable headline cost but an uncomfortable monthly commitment. I would set the maximum payment that still leaves room for moving, repairs and other surprises, then discard any quote above it before comparing two-year totals.
I would also test the...
For representatives, ask them to state the capacity in which they are acting and confirm that the owner has authorized them to discuss the property. That does not replace later verification, but it should filter out people circulating an address or photos without clear authority.
The annual rent is $69,192, so the gross calculation is fine. I’d focus first on the actual property-tax bill and common charges, not estimates. Then allow for possible increases and special assessments. Those building-level expenses can damage the return even if the unit itself needs little...