The broker presents the 7.2% gross yield as the attraction, but I am not convinced it survives the building-level expenses. The New York 4-bed condo is listed at $965,000 and the expected rent is $5,766 per month.
I have allowed for vacancy, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger future repair. What I cannot yet judge is whether property tax, common charges, insurance, possible assessments or reletting costs are the bigger threat. The building looks sound, but that does not guarantee stable ownership costs.
Which actual bills and building records would you obtain first? I am also interested in the unlevered net return others would require before testing the deal under less favourable financing.
I have allowed for vacancy, management, ordinary upkeep and a larger future repair. What I cannot yet judge is whether property tax, common charges, insurance, possible assessments or reletting costs are the bigger threat. The building looks sound, but that does not guarantee stable ownership costs.
Which actual bills and building records would you obtain first? I am also interested in the unlevered net return others would require before testing the deal under less favourable financing.