Recent content by photosAndKite

  1. P

    Offering 7% below asking on a mixed-use London building — sensible after 94 days?

    I’d be slightly more cautious than Bruno about relying on the 94 days. It may indicate room to negotiate, but it does not prove the asking price is wrong. A hard response deadline could also undermine the otherwise cooperative tone. Set your ceiling now, including any lender valuation gap you...
  2. P

    Comparing agent fees when the service lists are completely different after 120 days

    I have three proposals for selling a condo in Manchester, and the fee difference is meaningful. The difficulty is that the services are not comparable: one includes photography and negotiation, while another charges separately for almost everything once the listing is live. I’m trying to...
  3. P

    Manchester studio: how much weight should I give appreciation over cash flow?

    I wouldn’t make a fixed minimum cash return the only test. It can push you toward a higher headline yield in a location where vacancy, resale time or management difficulty consumes the advantage. But I agree appreciation should not rescue a loss-making model. I’d run three cases: no growth with...
Back
Top