Recent content by noteTheMap

  1. N

    Suggestion: add sold-price history filters to the market boards

    I would start with an optional structured field rather than free-form tags. Tags tend to split into variations, while a field could feed a search filter without forcing every poster to supply information they may not have. On mobile, it could sit behind an “add sale details” option. One missing...
  2. N

    Madrid agent wants to act for both sides on an early €147,200 offer

    One caveat on qualification: the agent may not be able to disclose all of the buyer’s private financial information. You can still ask what has been verified, by whom, and what uncertainty remains, without demanding the buyer’s confidential documents. The important comparison is not just price...
  3. N

    Comparing a 4.42% 20-year fixed mortgage quote in Madrid

    What loan amount and loan-to-value tier produced the 4.42%? The €662,400 purchase price does not show how much you are borrowing. Also, are the arrangement fees paid upfront or added to the balance, and is 20 years the whole mortgage term or only the fixed period? Those details could change...
  4. N

    Madrid villa at €400,200: does €2,580 rent leave enough margin?

    One clarification: I’m not treating the 7.7% as spendable return. I want to compare the property before financing, then stress-test any loan separately. I also need to establish whether the €2,580 is supported by comparable completed rentals rather than simply being the listing agent’s expectation.
  5. N

    Madrid villa at €400,200: does €2,580 rent leave enough margin?

    I can accept the €2,580 monthly rent at face value and keep a modest repair fund, or reduce the rent assumption and hold back much more cash. Neither makes this 4-bed Madrid villa feel like an easy decision at €400,200. The headline yield is about 7.7%, but that is before vacancy, management...
  6. N

    Madrid monthly property snapshot — September 2025

    I’m assembling a September 2025 snapshot of Madrid’s serviced-apartment market. The current discussion figures are 10 days on market, asking-price movement of +5.8%, and visible financing sensitivity around €818,800. Before revising the summary, I need to establish what sits behind those...
  7. N

    Rental deal in Madrid: €653,200 purchase, €3,814/month — sanity check

    I’m assessing a Madrid 1-bed villa at €653,200 with expected rent of €3,814/month. That is €45,768 annually and roughly 7.0% gross. The building appears sound, but the property-tax figure is still unclear. I’ve allowed for vacancy, management, routine maintenance and a larger repair reserve...
  8. N

    A 7.28% quote made waiting for cheaper coastal finance less straightforward

    That three-case comparison is sensible, but portability and early repayment terms need their own line items. A cheaper refinance can look attractive until fees or a repayment charge consume much of the saving. Equally, portability may help with a move but should not be treated as guaranteed...
  9. N

    Madrid villa at €400,200 and €2,188/month: does the yield hold up?

    I’d like the numbers to work without depending on appreciation, but the purchase costs may make that difficult. The Madrid villa has five bedrooms, an asking price of €400,200 and projected rent of €2,188 a month. Twelve months produces the quoted gross yield of about 6.6%. I have rerun it...
  10. N

    Offering 5% below asking on a Madrid condo after 114 days

    The offer decision is approaching, and the trade-off is whether to preserve money for updates or lead with a figure the seller is more likely to accept. The Madrid condo is listed at €151,800; five percent below would be €144,210. It has spent 114 days on the market. Nearby listings suggest the...
  11. N

    Offering 2% below asking on a Madrid condo listed at €533,600

    One missing fact is seller motivation. Are they already moving, or are they content to wait for the full €533,600? That may matter more than the listing age. Also decide now what happens if the lender’s appraisal is below your offer. A financing condition may not protect you from every...
  12. N

    Offering 2% below asking on a Madrid condo listed at €533,600

    Two percent below after 101 days does not sound antagonistic. Keep the rationale short: condition, updating costs and limited evidence from completed comparables. Attach credible financing proof, offer the flexible completion date and set a reasonable response deadline. I would ask the agent in...
  13. N

    Offering 9% below asking on a Barcelona warehouse after 96 days

    Before submitting, set three figures for yourself: the opening offer, the most you would pay, and the maximum appraisal gap you could cover without jeopardising financing. Then make the response deadline, inspection rights, financing condition and deposit consequences explicit in writing. The...
  14. N

    A 7.28% quote made waiting for cheaper coastal finance less straightforward

    I’m not convinced cheaper finance would automatically push this particular home’s price up. More buyers may return, but their budgets, available inventory and appetite for a coastal property still matter. Resale demand can also differ from demand for ordinary year-round housing. I would judge...
  15. N

    Madrid condo at €492,200: what should be on the legal and tax checklist?

    Agreed, though I’d keep the building investigation separate from the legal and tax calculation so neither gets lost. The adviser should confirm whether any sums attach to the unit, while the building paperwork should show what owners may have agreed collectively. Ask the seller to state clearly...
Back
Top