The offer decision is approaching, and the trade-off is whether to preserve money for updates or lead with a figure the seller is more likely to accept. The Madrid condo is listed at €151,800; five percent below would be €144,210.
It has spent 114 days on the market. Nearby listings suggest the asking range is not implausible, but there are too few completed comparables for me to be confident about the likely sale value. My financing is arranged, and I can be flexible on completion.
Would you send €144,210 with financing evidence and a brief explanation based on condition, then use the inspection to decide whether any substantial issue warrants a repair credit? I plan to retain financing, appraisal and inspection protections. If the seller counters, I would rather respond to that number than weaken those protections at the outset.
It has spent 114 days on the market. Nearby listings suggest the asking range is not implausible, but there are too few completed comparables for me to be confident about the likely sale value. My financing is arranged, and I can be flexible on completion.
Would you send €144,210 with financing evidence and a brief explanation based on condition, then use the inspection to decide whether any substantial issue warrants a repair credit? I plan to retain financing, appraisal and inspection protections. If the seller counters, I would rather respond to that number than weaken those protections at the outset.